So far I have bunnyk
for the Wandering Art Project
. Ideally I'd like two more definites to start.
The (prototype) groundrules (some rules are needed for this sort of thing).
1) The purpose of this project is to produce a book which contains writings or drawings from a 'linked' group of people. To join the project you must be seconded by someone already in the project. The reason for this is to avoid the book going missing. (In the first instance, if you can read this post then you are seconded)
2) The book will be tracked at bookcrossing (URL later) - you must record receipt and dispatch of the book there.
3) You must post the book on (or return it to murkee
) within one month at the outside, two weeks is expected. One week is better. Contact murkee
for the next name on the list.
4) Do not damage the work of others (beware of ink/paint seeping through the pages - if unsure, test on the pages provided for this purpose at the back)
5) You can use up to 2 'spreads' to do essentially anything you want, art, writing, whatever - keep one spread between authors to minimise the risk of damage to others' work if need be - this page could be used to as an intro to your section (take no risks with paint seepage here!) I.e. Three double spreads total (including the 'spacer' spread)
6) Be wary about 'innappropriate' content - - however, we won't pander to the most uptight.
7) You can damage a page as part of your work, but you must not damage the fabric of the book. Pages must not be removed.
8) Pages will be numbered, and people should add their details to the contents page.
9) All entries are made under an appropriate license (advice sought here!)
10) Scan your entry (if possible), place it online if you wish. Send a copy to murkee
who will usually post it to murky.org
. Images can be hosted on sites such as (but not limited to) flickr
. If you don't have a scanner, things can be arranged (e.g. the next person might have a scanner)
11) Add your details into the contents page. post the book on. Update bookcrossing.
12) The book itself remains the property of murkee
(If you want to sign up for the project, please comment!)